leləm̓ July 11th Traffic Update
Construction Continues at lelәm̀
SEWER CROSSING OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- Work on the crossing of the eastbound lanes and south along Acadia to Toronto has been completed.
- Restoration works on Acadia between University Boulevard and Toronto will occur over the next week.
NEW SERVICE CONNECTIONS
- The UEL have retained Hall Constructors to install new service connections for the homes along University Boulevard between Acadia and Allison.
- This work has been completed.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION AND HIGHWAYS RECONSTRUCTION OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The reconstruction of the westbound lanes is progressing and should reach Western Parkway this week.
- Base pavement has been placed east of the golf course.
- Westbound lanes should be reopened the week of July 16th.
- Work on the eastbound lanes starting at Western Parkway will commence the week of July 16th.
- The eastbound lane will be closed.
- The eastbound bicycle lane will also be closed.
- Both eastbound and westbound bus traffic has been diverted.
- We have been advised, that their work schedule for the western portions from Blanca through to lelǝḿ is 7 days a week, 24 hours per day in order for the work to be completed during the Summer months.
- The works from Western Parkway through to Acadia Road will occur from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
‘ROAD B’ (JUST SOUTH OF FAIRVIEW ROAD AND ACADIA)
- Utility Works within the road alignment are underway.
- Fire hydrant connections adjacent the eastbound lanes are being installed this week.
- Please follow the direction of the traffic control personnel.
- Please note there will be an increase in truck traffic along Acadia.
- Landscaping works are underway on both sides of Acadia.
- Machinery will be on the road – Please slow down and watch for traffic control personnel.
- Parking on the east side (lelǝḿ) of Acadia is for construction staff only.
- Please note that signs have been posted and any unauthorized parking (pass required) will be towed.
Hours of Work: 7:30am to 7pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 4pm (Saturday). Please use caution and allow yourself extra time.
Please note that weather and ground conditions can affect progress of work, which in turn can affect the dates. We will provide updates as best as we can.
Everyone’s safety is our top priority. As such, please respect the direction of traffic control personnel.