leləm̓ July 19th Traffic Update
Construction Continues at lelәm̀
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION AND HIGHWAYS RECONSTRUCTION OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The westbound lane was reopened ahead of schedule on Friday, July 13th.
- Westbound is expected to be closed again during the week of August the 13th for the top lift of asphalt and the concrete curbs.
- Work on the eastbound lanes starting at Western Parkway also commenced on July 13th.
- The eastbound bicycle lane is also closed.
- Both eastbound and westbound bus traffic has been diverted.
- We have been advised that their work schedule for the western portions of Blanca through to lelәm̀ is 7 days a week, 24 hours per day in order for the work to be completed during the summer months.
- The works from Western Parkway through to Acadia Road will occur from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
‘ROAD B’ (JUST SOUTH OF FAIRVIEW ROAD AND ACADIA)
- Utility works within the road alignment are continuing.
- Fire hydrant connections adjacent the eastbound lanes along the boulevard are complete.
- Please note there will be a further increase in truck traffic along Acadia with the closure of the eastbound University Boulevard lane.
ACADIA ROAD NORTH OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- Landscaping works are underway on BOTH sides of Acadia.
- Machinery will be on the road and crews will be working along the sidewalk – Please slow down and watch for traffic control personnel.
- Parking on the east side (lelәm̀ ) of Acadia is for construction staff only.
- Please note that signs have been posted and any unauthorized parking (pass required) will be towed.
Hours of Work: 7:30am to 7pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 4pm (Saturday). Please use caution and allow yourself extra time.
Please note that weather and ground conditions can affect progress of work, which in turn can affect the dates. We will provide updates as best as we can.
Everyone’s safety is our top priority. As such, please respect the direction of traffic control personnel.