leləm̓ June 12th Traffic Update
Construction Continues at lelәm̀
ACADIA ROAD, NORTH OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
The sanitary sewer line upgrade has been delayed following a few complications with existing services, however, we expect the line to be completed up to University Boulevard on Thursday.
Thank you for all of your cooperation in taking the detours. Restoration work will continue this Friday as they will be paving the trench, once completed normal traffic patterns should be restored.
SEWER CROSSING OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The sanitary sewer crossing of University Boulevard will start on Friday and is expected to take approximately 3 days.
- Work will continue south on Acadia to complete the upgrade to Toronto Road.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION AND HIGHWAYS RECONSTRUCTION OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
This summer, the ministry is reconstructing the westbound lanes of University Boulevard, as well as the portions of the eastbound lane that were not completed two years ago.
The Ministry of Transportation closure for the reconstruction of the westbound lane beginning at Blanca and continuing to the golf course has commenced. During this time both eastbound and westbound bus traffic will be diverted, and the westbound bicycle lane will also be closed.
- The MOTI work schedule for the western portions from Blanca through to lelәm̀ is 7 days a week, 24 hours per day, in order to assure the work will be completed before the end of Summer.
- Work is scheduled from Western Parkway, through to Acadia Road 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
- Notices will be posted and we will continue to include relevant information in our weekly informational emails.
‘ROAD B’ (JUST SOUTH OF FAIRVIEW ROAD AND ACADIA)
- Preparation of subgrade is underway.
- Utility installation has been delayed until mid June.
- Traffic disruption on Acadia will be kept to a minimum during this time.
ACADIA ROAD PARKING
- Parking on the east side of Acadia is for construction staff only, passes will be issued and signs will be posted next week, any unauthorized vehicles will be towed.
Hours of Work: 7:30am to 7pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 4pm (Saturday). Please use caution and allow yourself extra time.
Please note that weather and ground conditions can affect progress of work, which in turn can affect the dates. We will provide updates as best as we can.
Everyone’s safety is our top priority. As such, please respect the direction of traffic control personnel.