leləm̓ June 20th Traffic Update
Construction Continues at lelәm̀
ACADIA ROAD NORTH OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The sanitary sewer line upgrade has now been completed.
- Thank you all for your cooperation in taking the detours.
- Restoration works will continue over the next few weeks along with further cleanup of the road and work areas.
SEWER CROSSING OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The sanitary sewer crossing of the westbound lanes of University Boulevard has been completed. See the attached photo of the work in progress.
- Work on the crossing of the eastbound lanes and south along Acadia to Toronto will resume early next week.
NEW SERVICE CONNECTIONS
- The UEL have retained Hall Constructors to install new service connections for the homes along University Boulevard between Acadia and Allison.
- This work is expected to be completed early next week.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION AND HIGHWAYS RECONSTRUCTION OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The reconstruction of the westbound lanes is progressing and should reach Toronto Road by the end of the week.
- Both Eastbound and Westbound Bus Traffic has been diverted. The Westbound Bicycle lane is also closed.
- We have been advised, that their work schedule for the western portions from Blanca through to lelǝḿ is 7 days a week, 24 hours per day in order for the work to be completed during the summer months.
- The works from Western Parkway through to Acadia Road will occur from 7:30am to 7:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 7:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
- They will be posting notices and we will also include those in these emails.
ROAD B (JUST SOUTH OF FAIRVIEW ROAD AND ACADIA)
- Subgrade preparation is underway.
- Utility Works are expected to start next week.
ACADIA ROAD PARKING
Parking on the east side (lelǝḿ) of Acadia is for construction staff only.
Hours of Work: 7:30am to 7pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 4pm (Saturday). Please use caution and allow yourself extra time.
Please note that weather and ground conditions can affect progress of work, which in turn can affect the dates. We will provide updates as best as we can.
Everyone’s safety is our top priority. As such, please respect the direction of traffic control personnel.