leləm̓ June 27th Traffic Update
Construction Continues at lelәm̀
ACADIA ROAD, NORTH OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The sanitary sewer line upgrade has now been completed. Pavement restoration has also been completed.
- Thank you all for your cooperation in taking the detours.
SEWER CROSSING OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- Work on the crossing of the eastbound lanes and south along Acadia to Toronto should finish this week.
NEW SERVICE CONNECTIONS
- The UEL have retained Hall Constructors to install new service connections for the homes along University Boulevard between Acadia and Allison.
- This work is being completed this week.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION AND HIGHWAYS RECONSTRUCTION OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The reconstruction of the westbound lanes is progressing and should reach Allison Road this week.
- Work on the eastbound lanes starting at Western Parkway will commence midJuly. Both Eastbound and Westbound Bus Traffic has been diverted.
- The Westbound Bicycle lane is also closed.
- We have been advised, that their work schedule for the western portions from Blanca through to lelǝḿ is 7 days a week, 24 hours per day in order for the work to be completed during the summer months.
- The works from Western Parkway through to Acadia Road will occur from 7:30am to 7:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 7:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
- They will be posting notices and we will also include those in these emails.
‘ROAD B’ (JUST SOUTH OF FAIRVIEW ROAD AND ACADIA)
- Subgrade preparation is underway.
- Utility Works will start this week.
- Please note there will be an increase in truck traffic along Acadia.
- Please watch for Traffic Management Personnel for directions.
ACADIA ROAD PARKING
- Parking on the east side (lelǝḿ) of Acadia is for construction staff only.
- Please note that signs have been posted and any unauthorized parking (pass required) will be towed.
Hours of Work: 7:30am to 7pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 4pm (Saturday). Please use caution and allow yourself extra time.
Please note that weather and ground conditions can affect progress of work, which in turn can affect the dates. We will provide updates as best as we can.
Everyone’s safety is our top priority. As such, please respect the direction of traffic control personnel.