leləm̓ June 5th Traffic Update
Summer Construction Continues at lelәm̀
ACADIA ROAD, NORTH OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
The sanitary sewer line upgrade will be complete this week up to University Boulevard. Thank you for all of your cooperation in taking the detours. While restoration work will continue in the area over the next few weeks, normal traffic patterns should be restored. See the snapshot below of the work being done in the area.
ACADIA CROSSING OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
- The sanitary sewer crossing of University Boulevard is expected to start June 11th
- This work will be coordinated with the Ministry of Transportations closure of the Westbound lane.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION AND HIGHWAYS RECONSTRUCTION OF UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
This summer, the ministry is reconstructing the westbound lanes of University Boulevard, as well as the portions of the eastbound lane that were not completed two years ago.
The Ministry of Transportation closure for the reconstruction of the westbound lane beginning at Blanca and continuing to the golf course will commence on Monday, June 11th. During this time both eastbound and westbound bus traffic will be diverted, and the westbound bicycle lane will also be closed.
We have been advised, that their work schedule for the western portions from Blanca through to lelәm̀ is 7 days a week, 24 hours per day, in order to assure the work will be completed before the end of summer.
- Work is scheduled from Western Parkway, through to Acadia Road 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
- Notices will be posted and we will continue to include relevant information in our weekly informational emails.
‘ROAD B’ (JUST SOUTH OF FAIRVIEW ROAD AND ACADIA)
- Preparation of subgrade is underway.
- Utility installation will begin early June.
- Traffic disruption on Acadia will be kept to a minimum during this time.
ACADIA ROAD PARKING
- Parking on the east side of Acadia is for construction staff only, passes will be issued and signs will be posted next week, any unauthorized vehicles will be towed.
Hours of Work: 7:30am to 7pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 4pm (Saturday). Please use caution and allow yourself extra time.
Please note that weather and ground conditions can affect progress of work, which in turn can affect the dates. We will provide updates as best as we can.
Everyone’s safety is our top priority. As such, please respect the direction of traffic control personnel.